Season update

Well, its that time of year again. The snakes are paired and cycled while the lizards are cooled, all in preparation for the up coming 08/09 hatchling season. The breeding season started off with a major disappointment last month, when I introduced the pair of striped Maccies pictured earlier in the blog and noticed that something "wasn't quiet right". After watching what supposedly was the female attempt to mate the male, I decided to probe the snakes for some piece of mind. Upon probing it became obvious that this pair of Maccies I was so anxiously waiting to pair turned out to both be MALES. A major let down. Soon after this I decided to pair a few of my snakes. One particular female started to show signs of being very keen for breeding, wriggling her tail and scent marking the enclosure as soon as the male was introduced to the enclosure. As well as this female, almost every other set of snakes paired are showing signs of mating. I am very anxious to see how this season turns out. I will update the blog with more info further down the track, particularly if any snakes become gravid.

Kane